The MICTOR connector family from TE Connectivity is based on the micro-strip concept of two rows of signal contacts divided by a center power ground plane. MICTOR connectors are motherboard and daughtercard compatible and include designs for cable-to-board applications.
Various mated heights are available for parallel board-to-board systems. Custom stacking heights can be provided. The MICTOR connector family is available in .64 mm [.025 in] centerlines in sizes ranging from 38 signal positions to 266 positions (in increments of 38 positions). There is a discrete ground bus every 12.7 mm [.50 in] of the connector length, which can be assigned to either power or ground in any combination.
Redundant interfaces on every signal line provide added reliability. Several plating options are available to meet the needs of various applications.
The housing material is a liquid crystal polymer, compatible with infrared and forced air convection operations.
The connector system maintains a 50 -ohm impedance and uses the solid ground bus between the rows of signals to provide low crosstalk and excellent high-speed signal characteristics.
- 76 dedicated signal lines per linear inch
- Surface mount family designed for parallel board-to-board, flex-to-board and cable-to-board configurations
- 0.64 mm centerline contact spacing
- Redundant interfaces on mated contacts
- Infrared and forced air convection compatible housing materials
- Designed for 50 ohm systems
- Connector housings polarized for correct mating
- Built-in connector-to-board retention feature
- Connectors can be unmated by peeling from one end to the other
- Various packaging styles can be made available for automated assembly (tape and reel, gang of tubes, matrix trays, etc.)
- Recognized under the Component Program of Underwriter Laboratories Inc., File No. E28476 and Canadian Standards Association, Certificate Number LR 7189A-852